Search This Blog

Friday, July 8, 2011

Please Chip In


My niece, Alena, was diagnosed in April with uterine cancer. Because she does not have medical insurance that covers the surgeon, they would not schedule the surgery until she came up with the money. She was able to borrow the money for the surgery and had that surgery on June 24th. She is not able to work for six weeks so is unable to pay for her rent, utilities, food and living expenses. I have set up a Chip In account for her in the hopes that we can get enough money to pay her expenses until she is able to return to work. I would also love to be able to get enough donated to help pay back the money she borrowed to get the surgery.

The surgeon told Alena that she believes she got all the cancerous tissue during the surgery so radiation and chemo will not be necessary. This is extremely good news, especially since over two months went by between discovering the cancer and getting the surgery.

Alena is a very talented artist who makes beautiful mosaic pieces. I will post photos of some items that she has for sale so if you would like to purchase them, the money will go towards her expenses.

Here is Alena with her three daughters.



Anything people can donate would be greatly appreciated. Even $1 would be helpful to help offset her expenses and medical bills.

And, of course, prayers and positive healing energy are always appreciated! 

Thank you in advance for your kindness and generosity!

19 comments:

monica said...

As soon as I have any $$ i will be VERY happy to send a donation! I will keep her in my prayers!

Marie said...

I can't offer too much money, but can offer an abundance of good wishes and prayer.

Have you checked out the United Way in her area? Or does she have a church that might help? Some churches will help out even if you are not a member. I know that is the case for my church, which is an Episcopal parish. Has she applied for temporary public assistance? All these things put together can really help get you through a rough patch.

I hope I am not sounding bossy, I am just a compulsive problem solver! lol

Alena is lucky to have you in her corner. :)

brokenteepee said...

I send all the positive thoughts I can...

Lin said...

There ya go. I gave a small donation, but every little bit helps. Prayers and hugs for you all.

Split Rock Ranch said...

Bless you Monica! Prayers are PRICELESS! Thank you so much.

Marie: As I said, prayers are priceless and greatly appreciated. The power of prayer is phenomenal. I'm not sure what other avenues she has checked out but will pass these along to her. Thank you for the suggestions!

Pricilla: And those positive thoughts are worth their weight in gold! Thank you all so much

Split Rock Ranch said...

Lin: Bless you! Thank you so much. Every little bit helps. When I told my parents that I was going to do some fund raising for Alena, they both broke down in tears. My Dad was sobbing so hard he could barely speak. Please know that the entire family is grateful for your generosity!

Unknown said...

Left a small contribution and am sending healing energies her way. I know how hard it is trying to raise money as I have been doing benefits for my sister.

Split Rock Ranch said...

PJ: Thank you SO much for the contribution and the healing energy. I have been thinking about your sister and wondering how she is doing. The first thing I thought of when Alena told me her situation, was your sister. I hope she's doing better!

Susan said...

Hi Brenda, I will be leaving a deposit, something small (what I can afford), to help out. I just found out that my friend's mother just died on Tuesday from an inoperable brain tumor - found out on June 15th and died three weeks later. I hope your niece's surgery was successful and that all will be well for her. Blessings to her and her family, and you as well.

alena said...

Thank you everyone for your prayers and donations. They are all very much appreciated. I am doing good with the recovery. Doctor believes that they got all the cancer.I feel so much better.

Janet at New Moon Glass said...

I send my contribution with nothing but positive thoughts for Alena and her entire family...and how fortunate she is to have you in her corner Lin!
Best wishes...

Split Rock Ranch said...

Susan: Thank you so much. So sorry to hear about your friend's mother. So many times by the time someone finds out they have cancer, its too late. Alena is very lucky. Hugs to the sheepies!

Alena: Much love to you!

Janet: Thank you so much! Many blessings.

Mike Golch said...

I've added her to my Prayer list.that's the best that i can offer.

Split Rock Ranch said...

Mike: Bless you! Prayers are always needed and appreciate and they are priceless.

Mike Golch said...

Since I am on a fixed income I did creat a link on on my FB page and one of my blogs.I Pray that will help as well.

Split Rock Ranch said...

Mike: Thank you for helping to get the word out! We appreciate your efforts. Many blessings to you.

Inspiration By Karen Needle Felted Sculptures of Dogs, Cats, Birds, Wildlife, Portraits, Paintings said...

Hi Brenda, I gave a bit, wish I could have done more. I will also pray for her and her family. Many Blessings
Karen

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda, Its not much, but I left a small donation. I hope everything works out for Alena and her family.

Dawn

Split Rock Ranch said...

Karen: Bless you and thank you! Every little bit helps - it all adds up to enough to make a difference.

Dawn: See above - bless you and thank you!