Search This Blog

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Van Eaton Spinning Wheel



I bought this beautiful apricot wood Van Eaton spinning wheel almost two years ago but didn't want to leave it out where our puppy could get to it so I put it away and didn't pull it out again until just recently. I bought it as more of an investment than anything but decided I needed to give it a whirl to see how I liked it. OMG - I LOVE this wheel! It took a bit of getting used to a single treadle (my other wheel is a double treadle Ashford Traveller) but now that I've got the hang of it, I am spinning effortlessly and the yarns are turning out beautifully. I'll get pics taken of the yarns I've spun on it so far and post those later. Just wanted to post pics of this beautiful wheel here for now. When I purchased this wheel I was told that Mr. Van Eaton is no longer making wheels, only finishing up what he had already started and making odds and ends, but no more wheels. So I feel very fortunate to have been offered the opportunity to own such a beautiful functional work of art!

1 comment:

Crazy Daisy said...

Love your Van Eaton! I have one that he made for me...I had him use Padauk, it's an african wood with a gorgeous color! Hope you continue to love your treasure ;D