Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Computer is in the Shop!

Last Friday I had some weird stuff happen on my computer - apparently it was infected with a virus or Trojan or some such thing and popups kept coming up for Spyware 2009 saying my computer was not protected from viruses, etc. - wrong - I have TWO programs in place that update at least daily for new protection. I was running a spyware program at the time the popups started coming up! So, we had to take it into the shop to have it cleaned up. Hopefully I'll have it back today but in the meantime I'm limping along on hubby's laptop computer so I can at least keep up with emails and my etsy store. Unfortunately though I am not able to take photos and get them tweaked and make new listings in my etsy store. All that software, etc. is on the other computer. So later this week I should be back to normal and have some new handspun yarns listed in the store. I am also working on the Fiber of the Month Club spinning batts and will start dyeing the Roving of the Month Club rovings tomorrow or Thursday.

4 comments:

Jen Andersen said...

I can relate to computer issues. They happen to me way to often. I finally got an external hard drive that is giving me some piece of mind! Can't wait to see the pictures of what you are dying and blending up!

Debu's Blog said...

Actually, I have gone through such situation and finally got a solution to buy a hard drive and solved my problem.

Anonymous said...

My husband had the same problem with his computer. He actually fixed it himself but was recommended to install a program from malwarebytes that will catch this particular Trojan...rumor has it that it comes from youtube. That particular trojan is not a nice one and it is planted by that Spyware 2009 thing...which is not even a legitimate program!

Split Rock Ranch said...

Hmmm, interesting because I was on YouTube recently looking for videos on core spinning and coiled yarns! And you're right, Spyware 2009 is not a legitimate program - our computer geeks told us that immediately when we told them what had popped up on the computer. I stopped by today to check on the progress and they are still working on it!!! Grrr...darn Trojans! Where's my boiling tar?