Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

New Handspun Yarns Listed in Split Rock Ranch Etsy Store

I finally got some of my handspun yarns listed in my etsy store.



One of them, Zanzibar Gold, (shown above) sold right away but the others are still available.



First is Zanzibar - An energized singles yarn spun from merino, yak and angora batts purchased from Hobbledehoy on etsy. I don't normally spin bulky or singles yarns but this fiber was too gorgeous to ply, even on itself as I wanted the colors to remain true and bold and rich.




Next is Rose Garden - A beautiful two-ply yarn spun from a Rambouillet, silk and angora batt purchased from Crystal Creek Fibers. I got really good yardage from this fiber - it wanted to be spun nice and thin - loads of luster and incredible drape to this yarn!



And finally is Spiced Alpaca - A gorgeous two-ply yarn spun from alpaca rovings purchased from Marathon Fiber Mill on ebay. Very rich colors and incredibly soft - this yarn will make an exceptionally warm accessory.

10 comments:

Liz said...

Gorgeous! I can hardly wait to start knitting again.

Split Rock Ranch said...

Thanks - please keep us in mind when you're ready for yarns! I do handpainted yarns, too, and special requests are cheerfully accepted. ;o)

Erika said...

These are gorgeous! I looked over the offereings in your shop and it is like seeing cotton candy:)

Split Rock Ranch said...

Why THANK YOU - y'all just made my day! I'm doing what I love with fiber and hearing such wonderful positive feedback makes it even more sweet! ;o)

Jo Hoffacker said...

Your yarn is just so yummy!

Claire MW said...

Beautiful! I especially love the spiced alpaca!

Split Rock Ranch said...

Thank you Jo!
Claire - isn't it divine?! I LOVE the natural colored fibers and llama and alpaca are my absolute favorite fibers - such delicious rich colors to choose from!

Lenox Knits said...

Gorgeous fibers! I can see why that first one sold right away. I was highly tempted to get myself some.

Anonymous said...

oooOOOoooo. I LOVE the first yarn. Those are my colors! I'll have to check it out:)

Marie said...

Gorgeous!! I didn't realize the yarns were on Etsy until I saw your blog. Now I am addict!!!