Search This Blog

Friday, April 17, 2009

Colorado - April Snows Bring May Flowers



We got some heavy wet snow today - almost a foot of the white stuff. It should help the grass grow in the pastures when it melts. We really need the moisture because we haven't gotten much precip all winter long and we were very worried about a high fire danger summer again. This will help raise the levels of water in the lake and give us some badly needed moisture. Above is a picture of the lake. I wish I would have brought the camera out sooner because when I first went out to feed, the lake was a gorgeous teal blue color but by the time I was done with chores it started to cloud up and got darker and the color was this deep dark gray.

Here are the weanling llamas with Uncle Nimbus chowing down on hay that I took out after the snow stopped.



4 comments:

Jean9 said...

ACK!! I understand the need for moisture but snow! Where I live we are in the midst of flooding. No snow here please, but its quite cold out so I wouldn't be surprised

Audrey said...

I'm pretty sure that's not how the saying goes. We have finally got rid of most of our snow, except in the trees. Flowers - here we come!! (I hope)

jana said...

Awww... I envy you living in such a beautiful place with such adorable llamas...

I must say, you have an excellent attitude about a snowstorm in April. We've gotten them here in Illinois before, and I didn't have quite as positive an attitude about it!

Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

Wow...that is a late snow. Grrrr. I want flowers too!