Search This Blog

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Another Custom Dye Order - Fall Leaves Re-Deux

I just finished the first of three braids of custom dyed Polwarth roving in a revised version of my Fall Leaves colorway. I love how this turned out - so rich! I will be spinning this one Navajo ply, where you basically chain ply the single strand of yarn onto itself. Spinning in this manner creates a yarn where the color pattern of the roving is retained and you get longer runs of one color rather than the "barber pole" effect of doing a two-ply yarn. I still have another skein of Treasure Chest on the wheel right now (I've completely sold out of that colorway with custom orders for it spun into two-ply yarns!) So, I'll start spinning this one early this next week.
Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

4 comments:

Meghann said...

Wow, it is so pretty! May I ask, how did you learn to spin? Do you have any books that you would recommend? where did you get your spinning wheel? you can email me (if you have time, that is) at meg(at)littlestudio(dot)ca
Thanks, and best of luck with your spinning!

Rose Clearfield said...

Congrats! It looks great.

Unknown said...

Thanks for advertising with your avatar on my EC-widget. I think your llamas are so beautiful. I visited your llama-site just to look at the pictures of your wonderful animals.

Then I came back to your fiber-page.
Really pretty fall colors! And you remind me that I should be stocking fall-colored jewelry in my Etsy shop! Silly me! I just listed a light turquoise necklace and bracelet. That is such a summer color!

Your yarn looks so soft!
Best wishes,

Anna

Lenox Knits said...

Wow, those colors are amazing. I love all of the vibrant and rich fall colors so much.