Search This Blog

Sunday, August 8, 2010

What's on the Spinning Wheel - Finished Yarns

I've had several custom spinning orders lately so I've been pretty busy at the spinning wheel. I love to record my favorite shows and then watch them while I spin and fast forward through the commercials. It really saves time when watching TV shows and gives me something to do while I spin.

First up is a 50/50 Superwash Merino/Tencel roving in my India Spices colorway spun two-ply into a DK weight yarn.

Here is the roving.

And here is the finished yarn. I love how this turned out!

The next custom spinning job was to spin 4 ounces of my Treasure Chest custom fiber blend batts (romney wool, yearling mohair and tussah silk). I ended up with over 300 yards of sport weight yarn and I love the luster and drape to this!

Here are the batts before spinning
And here is the finished yarn
And now on the wheel is Chocolate Cherry Delight - a mixture of milk chocolate merino and cherry bamboo.
Next up is a custom dye order in my Fall Leaves colorway on Polwarth roving. Then I'll spin 8 ounces of it up into a two-ply yarn and 4 ounces into a navajo-plied yarn.

What are you creating?

4 comments:

Regina said...

WOW Brenda...your spins always give me so much inspiration. The India spice is a candy corn faery...the treasure chest is a mermaid swimming deep with the whales and the chocolate cherry delight is of course an elf sitting and eating a box full of chocolate covered cherries...LOL!! Thank you..they are all beautiful.

Hugs,
Regi

Meghann said...

Wow, you are such an inspiration! I hope I can learn to spin my own yarns one day, you are so good at it, it looks so perfect and beautiful :)

Split Rock Ranch said...

Regi: I just love your imagination!
Meghann: Thank you!

WillOaks Studio said...

Those color mixtures and the finished yarns here are just beautiful...now I'd just love to see what is made with them...kinda' like the "story" I'm working on w/ your yummy llama yarns here....great to see your summer is so productive, Brenda!! I'm busy too, but have sort of neglected my blog....ooops