Search This Blog

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Autumn Splendor Long Skiny Boa Scarf Finished and Listed!

Remember my Somewhere Over The Rainbow long skinny scarf from a couple of months ago? That scarf sold right away after I listed it (actually it was spoken for even before I had a chance to list it - I shared photos of it on our Facebook page.) After making that scarf I started a search for more extreme tailspun yarns and finally located someone who makes these fabulous yarns. I bought several more skeins of tailspun yarn and started going through my fiber stash in search of the perfect coordinating fibers to handspin yarn to make the scarf "canvas" to showcase the tailspun yarns.



Yesterday I finally finished the second scarf in this series - called "Autumn Splendor". I almost didn't buy this skein of tailspun yarn but am really glad I did because I found the perfect coordinating merino roving in my fiber stash.

This long skinny boa type scarf is hand crocheted out of handspun wool. Then the tailspun yarn was painstakingly crocheted along one edge to create the gorgeous fringe of the scarf. The tailspun yarn is fiber art at its finest and is the highlight of this stunning piece of fiber art.

Sure to garner lots of positive comments and compliments when worn!




8 feet 3 inches (99 inches) long
1-1/2 inches wide
fringe is from 4 to 7 inches in length with the average being 5 inches long.

Extremely versatile, you can wear this piece so many different ways. Simply drape it around your neck or wrap it around a couple of times to create a full cowl with trailing ends. Or use it as a belt. Your imagination can provide many ways to wear this fine piece of fiber art.


Available for sale in our ArtFire store!  Here is the direct link to Autumn Splendor.

9 comments:

Ann said...

What a great design and the colors are just fabulous

Split Rock Ranch said...

Thank you Ann!

Melissa said...

First of all let me say that is a beautiful scarf. Thanks for stopping by my jewelry blog and asking about my Entrecard widget. After two years I have decided to leave there, for several reasons. I hope you will continue to stop by here and there, and I will do the same for you.

The Silver Age Sara said...

Brenda,

Beautiful! I'm just drooling over it.

Michelle said...

These are all just incredible. I have several friends up north that I know would love these and I will share your site with them. I will be spending most of January and February in Hawaii this year so I won't be experiencing much if any cold weather this year. I will be sharing details soon. Hope all is well!

Split Rock Ranch said...

Melissa: Thank you! I'll stop by as often as I can. My blogging has taken a back seat to my creating lately.

Sara: Thank you!

Michelle: Thank you! And thank you for sharing my sites with your friends. Perhaps they'll find something they "need". Have fun in Hawaii! Can't wait to see photos and hear about what you do while you're there.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for dropping by the blog! Lovely new scarf- love rainbow anything!

Anonymous said...

Those scarves are so beautiful! So lacey looking :)

Split Rock Ranch said...

Nancy: Thank you! This scarf sold last Friday, along with the Herb Garden shawl I knitted.
Lisa: Thank you! I am having SO much fun designing and creating them.