Search This Blog

Friday, January 2, 2009

New Limited Edition Custom Fiber Blend




As I go through my stash, I continue to hand select a variety of fibers in coordinating colors to make my Limited Edition Custom Fiber Blends. These blends are generally made in batches of 8 oz or less - so whatever you make from these blends is going to be unique and one of a kind!

My newest creation is Wood Nymph:

WOOD NYMPH

This Limited Edition Custom Fiber Blend combines custom dyed wool roving, superwash colonial roving and Tussah Silk in rich woodland colors of browns, greens, gold and a hint of to create this beautiful Custom Fiber Blend that we call Wood Nymph. The silk in this blend has some nebs in it so your yarn will have a slightly textured look to it unless you pluck the nebs as you spin. Gently blended on our hand crank drum carder using a technique we have perfected to assure good color separation.

Fiber Content:

50% Wool
30% Superwash Wool
20% Tussah Silk

2.0 oz in one beautiful lofty soft batt.

Available in my etsy store: http://www.splitrockranch.etsy.com/

5 comments:

Sarcasta-Mom said...

Your color blends are fantastic. I hope I can get some fibers from you once my felting gets a little better :)

Split Rock Ranch said...

Thank you so much! I love everything fiber - it is an addiction for me. Guess I could be addicted to a lot worse things, right?! As long as people are buying, I'll be dealing fibers... please let me know if there is anything in particular that you have in mind and I'll create something for you. No obligation - just supply the inspiration and I'll do the rest.

Over The Top Aprons said...

I do not knit but I so appreciate your color blends; absolutely beautifl!

TiLT said...

beautiful colors

Split Rock Ranch said...

Thank you so much for your kind comments! These batts sold out very quickly so apparently the colors were appreciated by a lot of people. (Doing a happy dance...)