Search This Blog

Monday, May 24, 2010

Barbie, Kenny & Jellybean Update

Last Friday I decided to introduce little Jellybean, the bottle fed foster kitten, to the newest foster kittens, Barbie and Kenny. They hit it off right away and played then slept together off and on throughout the entire day. I put Jellybean back into her crate that night and then back into the bathroom with Barbie and Kenny on Saturday where they played and played and played. Barbie and Kenny even showed Jellybean how to eat out of a bowl, although she still prefers her bottle, but she's eating some beef or chicken baby food along with her formula now.

Jellybean can hold her own against these other kittens - they only outweigh her by a couple of ounces. Here, Jellybean is going in for the kill on Kenny.

The kittens blend right in with the little throw rug in the bathroom. Camo kitties!
And when they're done playing, here's how they like to sleep.
I think it is so sweet how Barbie and Kenny have let little Jellybean into their family. 

Jellybean is finally growing back some hair now so she doesn't look like a Chinese Crested dog or a Sphynx cat.

And last night the people who found Barbie and Kenny called me to let me know they had caught the third kitten of the litter. I picked her up this morning and she is in sad condition. She was so weak and lethargic it was scary but she immediately started eating some of the chicken baby food and lapped up some warm formula and then crawled on top of the cube to sleep with her brother and sister. She is a gorgeous blue-cream dilute tortoiseshell that I named Krissy. She's a beautiful blue/gray with peachy slotches all over her. I'll get pics of her after she's feeling a bit better.

All four of these kittens will need new furever homes in several weeks after they've been socialized, acclimated to the other cats and dogs and spayed/neutered. So if you're in the area and looking for a beautiful kitten companion, please keep these kittens in mind.

7 comments:

brokenteepee said...

Oh, that is just so cute!

Ann said...

They are all so adorable. How sweet they are napping together. Hope Krissy is doing better soon

BeadedTail said...

Oh how I wish I could give all four of them a home but since I can't, I hope they find their furever home very soon. They are so precious and I hope Krissy gets healthy soon!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Paws crossed that Krissy continues to improve!

Fortunately, we live nowhere near Colorado because my human thinks these kittens are all adorable! She is coming to Denver in September for BlogPaws, but I trust the kitties will have already had homes long before then!

Unknown said...

I wish I lived closer. I would take one of those cuties in a heartbeat. They are soooo cute!!

Lydia

Vixen of Vixensden.com said...

They are so cute. Glad that Krissy seems to be doing okay. And kudos to your for nursing them back to health!

Waterrose said...

How adorable...and how good of you to take in another kitten!