Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Favorite Things About Summer


The Etsy Blogger theme for July is Top 5 Favorite Things About Summer and Why.

1. Long sunny days with warmer weather so I can spend more time outside, playing with my llamas and horses.
2. Rain = green grass and wildflowers along with flowers in my gardens. The llamas and horses love munching on that lush green grass.
3. Grilling outside on the barbecue grill. I love a fabulous grilled T-bone or how about burgers and hot dogs?
4. Fresh fruits and vegetables, especially from the Farmer's Market. I love bing cherries and corn on the cob.
5. Shearing season - more gorgeous llama fleeces to sell, card, spin, etc.

I truly love summer, especially if it includes regular rains followed by warm sunny days. I love the sound of rain, especially if it is a light rain at night and I can listen to it with the windows cracked open just enough to let in that cool mountain air. I love the long days of summer and the feeling that I can go outside and enjoy the fresh mountain air any time I want. No feeling cooped up indoors because of snow, ice, bitter cold and wind.

What are your 5 favorite things about summer?


15 comments:

Daisy said...

It's very interesting, because in south Florida, it is so hot and humid that we look forward to fall and winter when it's much nicer to be outside!

Unknown said...

your list contained some of my favorite things also. i love grilling outdoors, the gardens, the fresh veggies, and floating on the water on my floatie...hehehe

Rachele Bennett said...

Mmmm, nothing beats a steak on the grill. I've got a filet thawing now. I also LOVE cherries. I love to snack on cheese, crackers, cherries and wine. A nice late night snack.

brokenteepee said...

ARe your summers as short as ours? We get about 6 good weeks and that's it. I love 'em, but I would love more.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Summers are fabulous up here in Teller County. The wildflowers are stunning this year with such vibrant colors. And, there are a few I've never seen before.

BeadedTail said...

We love summer because of the long days and no rain. The blue sky and sunshine is wonderful too since winter here has gray skies. A day on the coast is fabulous too!

Jennifer Nordin, LMT, CPT said...

We live 6 blocks from the gorgeous St.Croix river that separates Minnesota from Wisconsin. My favorite thing about summer is being able to walk downtown and grab an ice cream cone with my husband and son, then stroll along the levee path and marina. Oh, and making strawberry pies! :)

Meghann said...

I love summer as well....I just wish ours would warm up a bit!

Michelle said...

I love all these things about summer too, except I don't have llama's to love, wish I did. I wish it would stay summer in my state forever, but unfortunately winter always comes. Thanks so much for stopping by and your awesome comment regarding my little one. You're a sweetie!

Hugs
Michelle

storybeader said...

it sounds like beautiful weather - that's more like OUR spring!

Wendy said...

When I was younger, we looked forward to summer because we would trail ride our horses with friends all summer long. Those were the days! Since we get about 3-4 months of sun with little rain here, it's cram-everything-possible into those few months, lol. I also look forward to fresh strawberries, my peonies blooming, 4th of July, and it staying light out til 9pm. :)

Michelle said...

I live in Florida but I like not having to get all bundled up to go outside. When I grew up in Vermont, there were very few days that I didn't need a coat of some sort!
Maria Michelle

Unknown said...

We like much of the same things for summer -- enjoy your warm days!

Unknown said...

I can so relate...I love the hot sun and kayaking with the dolphins. Summer always seems to offer so much more pleasure with Nature!

MamaFlo said...

Not exactly mine but pretty nice things about summer nonetheless and I can picture and/or taste everything you mentioned.