Tuesday, July 14, 2009
My Favorite Things About Summer
The Etsy Blogger theme for July is Top 5 Favorite Things About Summer and Why.
1. Long sunny days with warmer weather so I can spend more time outside, playing with my llamas and horses.
2. Rain = green grass and wildflowers along with flowers in my gardens. The llamas and horses love munching on that lush green grass.
3. Grilling outside on the barbecue grill. I love a fabulous grilled T-bone or how about burgers and hot dogs?
4. Fresh fruits and vegetables, especially from the Farmer's Market. I love bing cherries and corn on the cob.
5. Shearing season - more gorgeous llama fleeces to sell, card, spin, etc.
I truly love summer, especially if it includes regular rains followed by warm sunny days. I love the sound of rain, especially if it is a light rain at night and I can listen to it with the windows cracked open just enough to let in that cool mountain air. I love the long days of summer and the feeling that I can go outside and enjoy the fresh mountain air any time I want. No feeling cooped up indoors because of snow, ice, bitter cold and wind.
What are your 5 favorite things about summer?