Search This Blog

Friday, July 10, 2009

Needle Felting Kits on Sale in my Etsy Store

I just put all needle felting kits on sale in my Etsy store. All fiber variety pack refills are on sale as well.

Needle felting is a very popular craft and is becoming more and more popular. You use a barbed felting needle and poke it into fiber (sheep's wool, llama and alpaca fiber, mohair, etc.). The felting needle catches strands of fiber and entangles them, forming felt. The more you poke, the more the fiber felts. You can create 3-D sculptures or flat artwork (like a painting). You can create animals, fantasy creatures, landscapes, etc. Your imagination is the only limit.

My kits contain everything you need to get started...all you add is the imagination! Kits contain felting needles, a foam pad to use as a work space (this prevents the felting needle from breaking), a couple of ounces of fiber (in either bright colors or natural colored fibers - brown, black, gray, etc.) and basic felting instructions along with suggested books and internet links for additional information, patterns, etc.

I offer Basic Needle Felting Kits


Critter Creator Needle Felting Kits and


Small and Medium Deluxe Needle Felting Kits.



So head on over to my Etsy store and check thes
e out! If an item is sold out, I will relist it - or contact me and request a Reserved listing.


11 comments:

storybeader said...

felted animals are so cute! I'm so uncoordinated, that working with two needles of anything never works! Now, I'm guessing you use both needles at once... {:-D

Split Rock Ranch said...

You use one needle at a time. You start with the bigger needle for coarse work and then switch to the finer needle for finish work. There are needle felting tools that hold multiple needles at one time so you can cover more area in less time. Handy if you're doing a large wall hanging!

Unknown said...

that sounds very interesting. i have never heard of this before. i am off to check it out.

Joyuna said...

Very fun! I've done a little bit of needle felting and enjoyed it a lot. It's like sculpting with wool. ^^ I like it to use up little scrap bits of roving I have left over from spinning.

Michelle said...

Brenda:

You have been so wonderful to my friend Stef about her beloved Roxy. Your last comment meant so much to her. You are truly a saint. Thank so much for everything :)
Maria Michelle

Split Rock Ranch said...

Michelle: Since I have been down that road already, I can truly empathize with her and know that it is NOT an easy path to go down. I'm so glad that my comments were helpful to Stef. I'm keeping Roxy and Stef in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Very cool. I think with the rist of DYI it's also a really good idea to include kits in your store too:) I'll have to go check them out!

Grampy said...

I'll have to have my wife check it out.

Katherine said...

Hello, I am presenting you with a Humane Blog award. Thank you for your friendship and for always writing such a lovely blog. Hugs! Katherine
(html image of the award will not post)Sorry, perhaps you can copy it from my blog :-)
Feel free to pass it on if you like

Unknown said...

Needle felting can be an excellent hobby. You are only limited by your imagination.

Meghann said...

Wow, very cool!!