Search This Blog

Thursday, July 16, 2009

New Lampwork Beads


These are some new lampwork beads I recently purchased from Kandice Seeber. Purple is my favorite color so I was thrilled to see these available on her Beads for Sale page. I have been trying for months to win one of her auctions on eBay but am always outbid by auction end.

Now I have to go through my enormous bead stash and find some beads that will go well with these. I want to use these lampwork beads as focal beads and fill out the bracelet and necklace with gemstones and crystals. I'm thinking maybe some purple sugalite and charoite along with some hematite would look very nice with these beads and with some dainty 4 or 6 mm Swarovski crystals in violet and black as spacers/accents. Once I finally decide what to do with these, I'll do another post to let you know what I decided.

Kandice also has a blog called Coloraddiction here where you can see more of her work. I would love to learn how to made glass beads and lampwork beads but I think I have my plate full enough right now with spinning, dyeing, carding, knitting, crocheting and ranching! Maybe some day though.

16 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Those ARE lovely. Have fun playing with them!

Hot Rocks said...

Gorgeous beads! Kandice makes some real beauties! I am sure your bracelet will be lovely.

Laura said...

I'm with you. I'm determined to learn lampwork. I don't think, however, that my skill will ever approach Kandice's. I'm a huge fan of her work. What a coup for you to snatch these up! You're right about the stones to use, though. Amethyst might also work with it as well. Can't wait to see your results!

And, hey...thanks for the incredibly kind comment on my blog. It made my day. I'm a fan of your blog, too. I just haven't been around for a while! (kids keeping me busy this summer, and all the cystom work...yay!)

Michelle said...

I love purple too and it seems to be a difficult color to find jewelry in. I would love to wear these in earrings, a bracelet or a necklace. They are beadiful :)

Maria Michelle

Unknown said...

purple has always been my favorite color and these are wonderful! i'm sure whatever you decide to do with them it will be gorgeous!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rachele Bennett said...

Those are beautiful. I can't wait to see what you come up with. Kandice has a lot of wonderful stuff.

brokenteepee said...

She does beautiful work.

Hmmm, some marcasite might be nice too.

Have fun!

Wendy said...

You got the set I wanted! LOL! Kandice has a gift that is for sure! :) If you can find some peacock pearls in the right purple tint, that may look nice too. :)

Theresa said...

Kandice does some absolutely gorgeous beads. I will get some of hers one day. Can't wait to see what you do with them :)

Diana Yusuf said...

helo my friends.....introduce me, i'm harry
is my first time to visiting here, wow ur blog is very nice with good articles, i'm glad to be here and read it....at least i found something in here to be learn

Anonymous said...

They're lovely:0)

Sandy said...

Those beads are beautiful! Very interesting and different; but then I know nothing of beads...so could I ask, what it means to be a lampost bead?

Will be fun to see what you come up with after looking through your stash.

Sandy
Traveling Suitcase

WillOaks Studio said...

Those are just lovely and I love purple (and lavender, lilac, periwinkle...all of them!) Maybe some amethyst would complement these, too? It's nice and hard so perfect for bracelets...and of course, is in many shades of purple

Siddhartha said...

Agreed - Gorgeous beads!

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

I've admired her work for a long time - so jealous that you got some of her beads!