Search This Blog

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Have yourself a very Merry Christmas



I've been procrastinating...again. We finished our Christmas shopping Tuesday afternoon/evening and I spent part of yesterday making chocolate covered pretzel rods and wrapping gifts. Today I need to see if I can get the rest of the gifts wrapped and some additional baking completed. Our daughter wants us to spend Christmas Eve with them in Colorado Springs but I don't know if we'll make it down the mountain tonight or not. We'll be spending all of Christmas day with them tomorrow so it isn't a really big deal but if I can get motivated and get everything done today, we might be able to make it tonight and tomorrow. We'll see. My motivation is taking a long winter's nap so I never get as much accomplished as I'd like to. Most of the time, I don't even care! At least the sun is out today and as long as the wind doesn't kick up, maybe it will even melt some of the snow.

I'm always relieved when the holiday is over though - no more pressure to think of and find (or make) the perfect gift, wonder if I've gotten everything done, etc. I can just kick back, relax and enjoy the time off. Now that the Winter Solstice has passed and the days are getting longer again, I'm hoping my Motivation finds its way back home where it belongs. I have a very long list of things to get done!

Wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas. However you celebrate the holiday, I hope you have a fabulous day.

14 comments:

Lin said...

Merry Christmas to you! I hope the day finds you relaxing a bit, forgetting all that did not get done. :)

Unknown said...

have yourself a very wonderful holiday brenda...hugz!

Regina said...

Merry Christmas to you Brenda. I hope that you get everything done plus that long winter's nap ;)

I received a wonderful gift this year...your friendship!! Thank you.

Big WARM Hugs,
Regi

Inspiration By Karen Needle Felted Sculptures of Dogs, Cats, Birds, Wildlife, Portraits, Paintings said...

Merry Christmas Brenda, keep warm~

Daisy said...

Happy Holidays to you!

brokenteepee said...

Enjoy! Relax! I am sure any gift given with love is the perfect gift!

BeadedTail said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! Hope you find time to relax and enjoy the season!

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Merry Christmas to your family. Have a blessed holiday and a great Happy New Year! :)

Unknown said...

Looks like the pup got the best spot in the house! I hope you-all had a very Merry Christmas.

Patrice-The Soap Seduction said...

Merry (belated) Christmas to you too:)

Rachel Kovaciny said...

Hope you had a merry Christmas :-) And a nap!

Duni said...

I hope you had a wonderuful Christmas day and you got what you wished for ;-)

ps - thanks for stopping my blog!

DayPhoto said...

Oh, yes! Longer days...spring is surely going to come. I hope. Bitter cold here today.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Unknown said...

Dear Brenda,
Hope you had a happy Christmas and we wish you a healthy and rewarding new year!
Hugz
Anna