Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 2, 2009



Thank you to everyone who took advantage of the sale in my Etsy store over the long holiday weekend. Sales were very slow the first couple of days - well, non-existent actually...but I made enough sales to be pleased overall with how the sale went.

I, on the other hand, took full advantage of the great sales in a variety of on-line stores carrying handmade goods! I can't wait to see all the goodies I ordered. I'm trying very hard this year to make it a mostly handmade Christmas so I hope my friends and family enjoy the handmade gifts I selected for them or made for them myself. I think unique handmade gifts are so special and tell the recipient that you really gave some thought into choosing a nice gift for them.



And, I got an email this morning telling me that I am the Featured Crafter of the Week at My Craft Corner! I prefer to think of myself as an artist, not a crafter, but I'll take it, especially since this is now my full time business! Please pop on over to My Craft Corner to have a look.

9 comments:

K. Nice said...

Congrats on being a featured crafter! {Artist} :D I wanted to let you know, I’ve chosen your site as a Best Site for ME. I don’t know if you have received this one before, but I enjoy visiting your blog and wanted to give you a shout out with this “Best Blog Award.” So if you like, drop by at my site and retrieve your award and feel free to pass along the love! Congratulations!

By the way I added your link too…

brokenteepee said...

Oh congratulations on both the feature and the sale.

I try and shop handmade too!

Rebecca Mecomber said...

You are definitely an artist! I greatly admire your beautiful yarns-- that bright rainbow coloring is my all-time favorite.

Congrats on your award! Someday I'm going to buy some of that gorgeous yarn!

Rebecca
New York Renovator

Erika said...

Congratulations!! I agree with you about the handmade gifts--they seem so much more personal.
Thanksgiving Day I decided I wanted to learn how to knit--in 24 hours I made 3 hats for the kids and one neice! I have the bug:)

Ann said...

Congratulations on being the featured crafter. I so agree with you on the handmade gifts. they just seem to have more thought in them than something bought from a store

vickie said...

Congrats on Featured Crafter! I think handmade is best, whenever possible ;)

WillOaks Studio said...

Ditto on all the kudos---and a note to tell you how beautiful I think that shade of gray is!! Makes me swoon!

Split Rock Ranch said...

K Nice: Thank you so much for the kind words and the award on your blog!

Pricilla: Thank you! Your handmade soap is going to be part of my handmade gift baskets this year!

Rebecca: Thank you so much! And please let me know when you're ready for yarn and remember I take special requests and do custom orders!

NICO: Thank you! Kudos to you for learning how to knit and running with it! Well, not literally...I suppose running with knitting needles is right up there with running with scissors!

Ann: Thank you! So glad you agree about the handmade gifts!

Vickie: Thank you - go handmade!

Karen (WOS): Thank you so much. That gray yarn is a custom dye I did for a friend who wanted something elegant for an older friend who always wears a lot of black. She was thinking gray/cream/black but I dyed the entire skein in silver first to see how it looked and fell in love with it - simple, elegant and oh so sophisticated - and gray is the new black! Goes with everything.

Anonymous said...

Congrats. I am trying to do mostly personal homemade (in some way) presents this year also.