Search This Blog

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Another Lemonade out of Lemons Story


Friday evening I dyed a merino roving in Olive dye - but for some reason the roving took the color weird and had rust colored streaks on it. I wanted a true olive color so I decided I would dye another roving using a different dye and different dyeing technique. But again, I didn't want this roving to go to waste so I took a look at my stash and found a beautiful coordinating olive colored mohair roving, a reddish brown alpaca roving and some tan/rust tussah silk and carded them up today.


Here is the finished Custom Fiber Blend: Forest Floor - available in my etsy store!

Limited Edition Luxury Custom Fiber Blend

FOREST FLOOR

This Limited Edition Custom Fiber Blend is so earthy it reminds me of the forest floor - rich loamy earth, soft green moss, pine needles and pine cones. This blend consists of soft custom dyed Merino, custom dyed mohair, custom dyed Tussah Silk, natural reddish brown Alpaca and green Firestar for flash. Very soft and lofty with a dash of sparkle. Will make a beautiful yarn. Or, use this for your next felting project - perfect for nuno felters!

Fiber Content:

25% custom dyed Merino
25% custom dyed Mohair
25% natural reddish brown Alpaca
15% custom dyed Tussah Silk
10% Green Firestar

2.0 oz in one beautiful lofty soft batt.

13 comments:

BeadedTail said...

It turned out lovely and the name is perfect!

Anonymous said...

It's really nice:)

Unknown said...

you do have a way of bringing out the beauty in all of your work. that is very earthy and the colors are going to be perfect for the fall season!

Split Rock Ranch said...

Thank you all, so much! It is comments like yours that keep me going on my creative journey!

Five O'Clock Somewhere said...

I think the colors are beautiful!

brokenteepee said...

It is lovely...and everyone is right. The name is perfect!

Grampy said...

Yes it is perfect. Very nice job.

Meghann said...

Oooh! pretty!

Deborah Lambson said...

gorgeous♥
Makes me want to learn to knit just so I can snuggle up to that color! :D

Ruth said...

Very pretty!

I saw this on YouTube and though you'd like it. ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbPDKHXWlLQ

Karen said...

Beautiful! Makes me want to create something!

DayPhoto said...

Although, I know NOTHING about your art, I am enjoying all of this very much!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

What a happy accident - it's truly beautiful.