Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wordless Wednesday


These are some of the pansies I found in Fairplay at the Nursery while we were at the Fairplay Llama Races the last weekend of July. We parked right across the road from the Nursery and at the end of the day as we were getting ready to leave I looked over and saw that she had tons of pansies in a huge array of beautiful colors so of course I had to trot on over and pick some out. I was enchanted by the different colors of purples and needed just a dash of yellow to really perk things up. I walked out on our deck several evenings ago and decided I needed to take some photos of these little beauties. Nothing is staged - I just clicked away. I almost edited out the pinecone - I didn't even realize it was in the photo until I downloaded them. Then I decided it added a bit of the Colorado flare to the photo and I left it in. I'm so glad everyone enjoyed looking at these for Wordless Wednesday! And yes, it has been cooler here. The deck is shaded by several large pine trees and nights are still plenty cool. In fact, once the sun goes down it cools off quickly here. We're at 8400 feet above sea level so the sun feels very intense during the day but the nights are wonderfully cool.

17 comments:

Melissa said...

Definitely no words needed, to explain the beauty of your picture.

Meghann said...

Oooh I love pansies :)

WillOaks Studio said...

So fresh and just lovely!

Jackie said...

What a wonderful picture!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous!

Daisy said...

Such fresh, happy colors!

brokenteepee said...

I love pansies...so pretty

BeadedTail said...

Pretty! And with a touch of Colorado with the pine cone!

Jennifer Nordin, LMT, CPT said...

I can almost smell them from here! :)

Lin said...

Must be cool by you--my pansies are fried from the heat!

storybeader said...

so pretty!

Margie and Edna said...

Aren't those just gorgeous??

Cher Duncombe said...

So lovely they could be in a painting, couldn't they?

Sandy said...

Beautiful posey's, I haven't had pansies in such a long time. Must remember them next year.

Sandy
Traveling Suitcase

Michelle said...

I love all flowers. These are especially pretty!
Maria Michelle

TLK KNS said...

panies are beautiful

Wendy said...

so beautiful!