Search This Blog

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Entrecard issues

Yesterday morning about half way through my 300 drops on Entrecard blogs the system crashed. At first I thought it was my computer (yet again - time for a new one) but I could go into other internet sites without any problems. So, I went away from the computer and took care of other things and came back later to check on it. I was able to get into Entrecard but there was an error message. I went and did more things away from the computer and came back later to check on the status. I was able to get back into Entrecard and start doing drops again but I noticed that the stats remained exactly as they were when the system crashed hours earlier, including the number of drops I had made but I knew I had made more drops than what was shown. The number of drops and credits were going up in the upper right hand bar of the dashboard so I know I got credit for those drops but the stats are still messed up and say I haven't done any drops today (I just finished 300) and it says that there were no drops on my blog today. So, I assume our ranking will remain the same regardless of how many dropped on us yesterday and today until they get things straightened out.

I will be going on a little road trip with a friend tomorrow and Saturday so I won't be able to do any posting or dropping while I'm gone. I'll probably suffer from withdrawal symptoms. I hope there's lots of chocolate available... ;o)

See you all again on Sunday!

16 comments:

Daisy said...

Have a fun road trip!

brokenteepee said...

I have had that happen...

Have a wonderful trip!

BeadedTail said...

That happened to me too with EC.

Hope you have a great trip!

Joyuna said...

I had some problems on EC yesterday too. And today, the 'cards you haven't dropped on' feature of the inbox doesn't seem to be working. Hm.

Split Rock Ranch said...

The "Cards you haven't dropped on" feature wasn't working yesterday OR today which made it very difficult to remember where I had already been after I got through one day's worth of cards in the inbox! I hope they get it fixed soon.

Deborah Lambson said...

300 daily! crazy superwoman..:p
i'm doing good if I get 100 in.

Anonymous said...

Wow...yes, you sound a bit addicted. But it's such an easy status to attain:) I will strive to be as addicted as you once summer hits and my full time gig is up for a bit. Have fun on your trip!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I'm as addicted; I keep telling myself to back off and ... I can't! Aaugh!

And yep, it seems that these problems are system-wide. I'm glad I'm not an EntreCard IT person, I'll tell ya that.

Have a great road trip!

Split Rock Ranch said...

Now I logged back in to Entrecard to see if they got the problems fixed. Hmmm, it says I did 0 drops today -??????? I did 300 this morning!!!! And, my total credits went down by at least 600 so now I'm thinking they erased all the credits anyone earned dropping while the system was messed up. Either that or they're mad at me because I sent them a message asking when things would be back in working order. Thanks Entrecard - maybe its a good thing I'm taking a couple of days off! Grrr

Lynne said...

EC was the same way this morning. I did my 300 drops yesterday, but spent today doing other things. I do see EC is fixed now, but too late for me to start my drops. Oh well!
sewingmom

Anonymous said...

I've had the same experience of losing credits for all my drops and for everyone that has dropped on me.

It seems like a lot of people have had that problem.

Hopefully, everything will be better when you get back. Have a great trip.

Lin said...

Okay, it's not just me. I'm wayyyy down on the drops because of the error. I think I'll just turn it off and take the night to relax. Have fun tomorrow!

Unknown said...

Yup...I could not get my 'cards you have not dropped on to work now for 3 days.
Also my drops only show up on the top bar...not on my dashboard.
Seems to be a bit of a glitch in the entrecard matrix :)

In any event the sun will still shine tomorrow and I bid you farewell on your road trip.
Safe journey!

Split Rock Ranch said...

Just found out we're staying at a hot springs resort and I looked it up online and OMG it is so gorgeous. I can hardly wait. I owe DH big time for taking over my daily chores so I can go with my girlfriend this weekend!

Thank you everyone for the well wishes. I think I need a break from the computer, chores, my store, the animals, etc. If I really like the resort hubby and I will have to go back for a weekend just the two of us.

VanillaSeven said...

It happened to me also.
Happy 300-ing :)

flit said...

I lost almost 600 drops in their stOOpid rollback yesterday. I was NOT amused