Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

In the Dyepot this week - Remington



















Here's the latest out of the dyepots this week. I did a test roving on Colonial superwash wool to see if I liked the colorway I created. I really like it; it came out more intense than I anticipated but it works. I named this colorway Remington. It is the May Split Rock Ranch Roving of the Month Club colorway, available only to members of the club. Want one? Just purchase a Roving of the Month Club membership from my etsy store!

I am going to try some different colors soon to see if I can create what I orginally envisioned. I always say there are no dyeing mistakes, only fiber art you didn't plan on!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great! I love intense color like these:)

Split Rock Ranch said...

Thank you Nancy! I didn't set out for it to be this intense, but I like how it finished up. I am going to do one that is less intense though to see if I can create what I had in mind to begin with.

Joyuna said...

Ooo! That's beautiful. So bright. I can only imagine how awesome it will look spun up.

Meghann said...

Woooo that would make the COOLEST sweater ever!