Search This Blog

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Happy Sunday!


I'm back from my little vacation. My friend and I had a great time sitting in the hot springs, talking, shopping, talking and walking, eating, talking... you get the idea - lots of catching up to do!

Now its time to get back to work. We have to do some llama transfers today - two big boys to move from the little boy llama pasture into the big boy llama pasture and two weanlings to move from the weanling pen into the little boy llama pasture. Should be fun - neither of the weanlings has had a halter on yet so halter training needs to be done before we can move them. And, we have to go pick up a load of hay today, too, so I'd better get off the computer and off to work.

Here's a photo of Clementine (our first llama - she's the one with her head in the hay box), her daughter Winona (the black/white llama on the left - her sire is Handel, our very first llama - see the post from two weeks ago with the jet black male llama), Winona's daughter Dazzle (the silver/white cria in the front) and Rhapsody (in the middle - another Clementine daughter) So that's three generations of llamas!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

9 comments:

brokenteepee said...

I am glad you had fun. I am still jealous of the hot springs....

Great pic!

Lin said...

Glad you got away and had a nice time with your friend. I'll bet is was just nice to relax!

Audrey said...

They are just too cute!! Glad to hear you had a great time, and made it home safely!!

BeadedTail said...

Glad to hear you had a fun time and you made it home safe and sound! The photo of the generations is so cute and the scenery is beautiful! I do miss living in Colorado!

Split Rock Ranch said...

Thanks all, I appreciate all the nice comments. It's good to be back home. I groomed and sheared a llama today all by myself. He was such a good boy and he looks so nice now. I feel like I've been run over by a truck. I should be in better shape than this! ;o)

Inspiration By Karen Needle Felted Sculptures of Dogs, Cats, Birds, Wildlife, Portraits, Paintings said...

Wow sure looks beautiful there and as always the Llamas pose so wonderfully! Hot Springs, my back would love to be sitting in hot springs right now! Glad you had a great time!

Meghann said...

Yay for catching up with friends! I am so glad you had fun....and rested those muscles for the fun with the llamas! I hope everything goes well with the transfers (I'm sure it will) and can't wait to read more from you soon :)

Anonymous said...

They're very cute! Glad the trip was fun:)

Mrs Sweetwater said...

three generations in one photo, how precious.